Provides operational support through the coordination of the quality, service and administrative functions in the pickup and delivery area. Responsible for the dispatch of transportation equipment in accordance with the dispatch plan to minimize costs and ensure service integrity. Performs process checks to ensure regulatory compliance.
* Monitors facility reporting metrics related to service, safety, cost and quality on a daily basis. Investigates potential performance issues and addresses with drivers. Reviews inaccuracies in generated reports with appropriate parties to include administrative staff and drivers. Ensures errors are corrected in appropriate systems and verifies accuracy of metrics reported.
* Communicates with drivers regarding day-to-day operations including requested load plan changes and implements these changes into the routing systems. Reviews operational metrics with drivers that will affect daily planning and performance including service and customer satisfaction
* Investigates customer service complaints to include disputed deliveries, missing packages, early and late pickups, etc. Communicates resolved issues with customer directly to ensure customer satisfaction
* Escalates unresolved issues with drivers to appropriate management
* Investigates and reports schedule delays, accidents and equipment failures and implements contingency plans which ensure on-time load delivery in the event of a breakdown or accident
* High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or a related area preferred
* Administrative support, customer service or dock operations experience preferred
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
* Experience using web-based routing software
* Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests and issues
* Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced team environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
* Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences
* Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information ?Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications ?Knowledge of concepts, practices, procedures and transportation regulations used in Pickup and Delivery and Linehaul field operations, including Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
Associated topics: fleet, management, manager, manager trainee, operations manager, service manager, supervisor, svce, technician, union