VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90 year history of technical innovationsthat have evolved to keep pace and address our customer's most pressingbusiness issues. We makeequipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor,and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, serviceproviders, large businesses and data centers.And, we are also at the forefront of opticalsecurity ? we bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that providesecurity to the world's currencies and safety and performance applications forconsumer electronics and spectrometry.
Weare the people behind the products that help keep the world connected ? athome, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierceabout supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their bestevery day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push forsolutions that will delight our customers.
A unique opportunityto utilize your education and experience working with large-scaletelecommunications operators and VIAVI's enterprise software developmentteam. If you get excited abouthelping customers around the world realize measurable business value from theproducts and services they purchase, we have a very exciting opportunity foryou. VIAVI Solutions isseeking a self-starting Senior Application Engineer. In this role, you will be working as a primary technicalresource for enabling the effective use of VIAVI products to meet customerbusiness objectives.
The successful candidatehas an ability to work in dynamic cross functional and customer engaging environmentsincluding: understanding technology trends and virtualization withimplications to customers; developing strategic vision for the solution;interacting with executive level customers; and driving successful businessmodel with marketing and sales team.
* Maintain an understanding of customer's business requirementswhich includes day-to-day operation as well as long term objectives
* Serve as a bridge between customers and VIAVI product managers andR&D teams
* Maintain an understanding of VIAVI products and their roadmaps
* Provide product and best-practice process training to customers
* Build product extension (via API integrations, Reporting,Customized dashboarding etc.) to meet specific customer business requirements
* Work effectively in a client environment and maintain positiveclient relationships
* Coordinate development activities and trackresolutions for issues and action items
* Own customer success and drive VIAVI cross functional teams asneeded to ensure customer objectives are achieved.
* BSEE / BSCS / BSCE or equivalent experience
* At least 5 years' experience in software and/or softwareapplication development facilitating end-user implementation experience
* Proficient in programming/scripting languages (Java, Java Script,Python, etc.)
* Knowledge in data modeling and databases. (NoSQL experience is aplus)
* Advanced understanding in the design ofqueries and reporting
* Excellent written, oral and inter-personal communication skills
* Fluent in documenting solution use cases/requirements
* Experience with industry report writers (JReport, Tableau,Crystal, etc.)
* Experience with Mobile App development
* Experiencewith MongoDB
* Experience in technologies and trendsin telecommunications, DOCSIS/DSL, Business services, Ethernet/IP, cloud,SDN/NFV or networking markets a plus
* Experience in telecom test and measurement a plus
Ifyou have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply tojoin our team today.
VIAVISolutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer ?minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Associated topics: c c++, c#, java, python, sde, sdet, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer, sw