Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
American Senior Communities has proudly served customers since the year 2000 with a long history of excellent outcomes. We are Indiana-owned and operated, and we aren t ever going to forget our roots. We take great pride in our Hoosier heritage with Hoosier hospitality ingrained in everything we do. As experts in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all of our relationships with customers, staff, family members and the community at large.
Registered Nurse (RN) / Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The nurse assumes planning, responsibility, and accountability for resident care of a designated unit; American Senior Communities is looking for team members that enjoy working with the elderly and are looking to provide compassionate care and building relationships with other team members, family members and Residents. The nurse assumes planning, responsibility, and accountability for resident care of a designated unit. American Senior Communities is looking for team members that enjoy working with the elderly and are looking to provide compassionate care and building relationships with other team members, family members and Residents.
Key Attributes & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates resident care and non-resident care (cleaning, etc.) by developing and distributing written nursing assignments for each unit employee which outlines residents to be cared for and other duties to be executed during the shift.
- Assignments and rotations are provided with consideration that resident needs are matched with the skills of individual staff members, while maintaining consistency to the extent practicable.
- Describes care plan goals and approaches to direct care staff so that plan is consistently implemented on all shifts by all caregivers. Seeks input from nurse aides about resident condition, functional abilities, preferences, and alternative approaches to care.
- Monitors delivery of care and services throughout shift to ensure needs are met, tasks are completed, including complete and accurate resident documentation, and that work of direct care staff is of acceptable quality and quantity.
- Ensures compliance on unit with resident rights.
- Orientates, trains, and develops staff by identifying learning needs while taking opportunities to teach on the unit. Keeps unit personnel informed of new trends in resident care, policies, and procedures. Instructs personnel on use of equipment.>
- Assists with monitoring of regular attendance at in-service programs. Supervises special needs of Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) and/or Nurse Aides (NA) and provides performance assessments.
- Completes required documentation of care and services delivered during shift including subjective findings, objective symptoms, interventions, and resident responses to interventions.
- Completes required documentation of special circumstances including accident/incident reports in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Completes written 24-hour facility report. Gives and listens to verbal shift report making special note of significant changes in condition, admissions, transfers, discharges, initiation or use of physical or chemical restraints, unnecessary use of any drug, incidents, unexplained injuries, medication errors, loss of resident property, or evidence of resident or family dissatisfaction.
- Keeps medication rooms and carts locked when unattended and is responsible for the security of the keys and correct reconciliation of controlled substances during shift. Counts all drugs on Individual Control Drug Records with on-coming charge person at change of shifts. Keeps medication room and cart clean and organized. Insures proper storage of drugs and biological items.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Career Growth
- Referral Bonuses up to $1000
- 25% off tuition at any Harrison College Location
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
- Valid Indiana Nurse License
Associated topics: lead, licensed, lpn, med, nurse i, nurse iii, nurse lpn, nurses, practical, practical nurse lpn