High School Advisor INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
This is a virtual position but the ideal candidate would live in the Northwest Region of the state to be able to travel during state testing
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. Theyhave a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few ofthe values that make K12 a great place to work.
The Advisor is the key coordinator and drives the activities of the student and family support team. INDLS is creating a high touch approach to educational support and expect this staff to have superior customer service skills and a commitment and desireto provide the best experience possible for their students and families.
AS AN ADVISOR, YOU WILL...
* Serve as a single point of contact for all non-instructional issues after the completion of the placement.
* Send Total View (TV) messages to students once assigned
* Assist in planning and moderating all school assembly: Welcome and Getting Started in Online Learning
* Contact late starting or missing students by phone and work to quickly on-board them
* Moderate homeroom/advisory activities and create required collateral (PPTs, handouts, etc.)
* Serve as a liaison between the student and other academic teachers and administration.
* Plan Details of and deliver Orientation sessions
* Monitor participation Online learning course.
* Complete \"winback\" calls for students who wish to withdraw.
* Examine academic progress and activity of students on their caseload on a daily and weekly basis.
* Daily/Weekly contact of students by phone who are showing signs of failure or struggling, based on grade to date, missed log ins, activity in a course and number of missing assignments to assist student in creating a personal action plan.
* Arrange and moderate advisor/parent/student/teacher conferences as needed to address performance concerns.
* Send out daily and weekly TV blasts of important school-level reminders
* Answer all phone calls from students, staff and parents
* Attend staff meetings
* Attend local Professional Development Events (Remove everything else on these days)
* Follow up on unsuccessful attempts by teachers to contact students
* Oversee the entire on-boarding process for students assigned to them
* Coordinate with k12 for the delivery of monthly online parent training events
* Early identification of students who are at-risk of withdrawal.
* Phone calls to students who fail to respond to TV messages within five days.
* Students receive welcome phone call from a single-point of contact from the school welcoming them to the school, ensuring they have received equipment, know how to log in, have received the school calendar and start-up schedule.
* Students who failed to log in on the previous day are contacted by phone - On-boarding Period
* Students failing course work are contacted by phone - Post On-boarding phase
* Contact every student on their caseload by phone for a monthly conference call - these need to be scheduled
* Facilitate the first unit of the Finding Your Path Course
* Plan and organize on-line orientation session schedule and logistics
* Attend online orientation events
* Assist in the development and updating of school policies and procedures via the student and parent handbooks
* Create and deliver absence notices to students and parents for days of no log in. Create and deliver weekly missing attendance notices to parents whose students have attendance that has not been entered.
* Meet with other advisors at weekly online conference calls for advisors and/or all-staff
* Participate in school and k12 provided professional development opportunities
* Assist with planning and implementing standardized testing
Get to know INDLS
* Indiana Digital Learning School
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs? If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for threeweeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learningmanagement system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.Requirements
* 3+ years experience in education
* Bachelor's degree
* Appropriate state certification (if required)
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Experience in a customer service environment
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Flexible schedule
* Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extracurricular activities
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
WHO ARE WE?
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
* Back to K12 Home
Copyright ? K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.
Associated topics: dance, dancing, extracurricular, guitar, incorporated, jrotc, lsat, mcat, shooting, summer