Employment Type: Full-Time
Factory Direct Marine & RV is looking for an experienced Service Manager.
The ideal Service Manager will have a minimum of 3 years management experience, technical knowledge, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, be very well-organized, able to read and analyze profit and loss statements, and strive for profitability in all aspects of service, parts, and warranty.
- Hire and recruit personnel
- Oversee all service staff and make sure employees are following standard operating procedures.
- Train new service employees and help them understand company policies and procedures.
- Create a schedule for all service staff to cover hours of operation.
- Manage company vehicle and building maintenance to ensure safety of employees.
- Monitor/review employees’ work levels/performance and adjust schedules accordingly.
- Provide excellent customer service by going above and beyond customers’ expectations.
- Immediately handle any escalated issues in a thorough and timely manner.
- Help answer phones and assist service customers with individual needs.
- Oversee appointment scheduling to make sure work is not overbooked.
- Assign work to technicians in a timely manner.
- Open/close work orders with detailed information and keep up-to-date.
- Follow-up with technicians and Parts Department to ensure warranty parts are tagged and returned, parts are received and distributed to correct jobs, and that correct parts are ordered for jobs.
- Make sure employees are getting pre-approval from Warranty companies before starting work.
- Follow-up with customer to let them know status of unit, ensure they are updated every 2-3 days that the unit is in service by service writers.
- Check work on units to verify a quality and satisfactory job well done; inspect what you expect.
- Keep and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Up-sell services and accessories to customers.
- Responsible for profitability in all cost centers associated with service, parts, shop, body shop, and warranty.
- Minimum 2 years management experience in related field preferred
- Able to answer multi-line phones
- Excellent verbal and written communication between customers & employees
- Organized and able to prioritize work according to status
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Loading some great jobs for you...