The Office of Medical Professional Development (OMPD) develops Lilly Medical Professionals through innovative learning experiences that unlock strategic proficiencies. Our target audience includes, but is not limited to, Clinical Research Physicians (CRP), Clinical Research Scientists (CRS), Medical Affairs Professionals (MAP), Medical Science Liaisons (MSL) and their supervisors. We help ease the challenges that these individuals experience during their transition to Lilly from clinic, academia and other pharma companies by creating and delivering blended learning experiences that improve professional capabilities. OMPD analyzes learning needs in order to design, develop & deliver innovative programs and solutions that bridge performance gaps.
The OMPD Learning Design Consultant will work closely with the OMPD Director, , OMPD Consultants, OMPD Project Manager, Vendors, Subject Matter Experts and Stakeholders. The OMPD Learning Design Consultant will follow the OMPD instructional design process to create eLearning, live virtual events, instructor-led workshops and a variety of support materials as needed.
The OMPD Learning Design Consultant will use strong interpersonal, written, technical and visual communication skills to curate text, images, animations, video and audio to craft learning solutions. The Learning Design Consultant will generate and oversee the creation of online, mobile, video, and in-person learning solutions using a suite of course-building technologies including; Articulate Storyline, PowerPoint, Vyond, Adobe Connect, and any other best-in-class learning technologies supported by Lilly. This role will collaborate primarily with the OMPD Project Manager & Consultants during the analysis, design, and content creation phases providing guidance on content development, instructional strategies for learning transfer, project timelines, deliverables and learning activities that reinforce targeted skill-building.
Consultation & Partnership
* Build, nurture and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders (OMPD Staff, Target Audience, Vendor, Internal Learning Consultants, etc.) * Partner with and provide Instructional Design expertise, feedback, and guidance for SME/business partners to build learning solutions with Instructional Design and Adult Learning Principles * Follow approved OMPD Learning Development process and continuously assess to identify and propose opportunities for efficiencies * Lead Instructional Design portions of the process to ensure quality milestones/deliverables, including Project Charters, High-level Design Documents, Storyboards, final functional deliverables, Power Point decks, Participant/Instructor Guides, and other learning collateral * Facilitate learning events, as needed and appropriate
* Maintain current knowledge and assess realistic application of industry best-practices, including awareness of internal constraints and functional solutions * Conduct needs, audience, and task analysis to identify content and performance gaps * Design and create innovative deliverables that provide meaningful and learner-centric solutions * Ensure seamless implementation of meaningful learning events (eLearning, Instructor-led Workshops, Virtual Instructor-led Sessions, Job Aids, etc.) that adhere to the OMPD visual identity, providing a consistent learner-experience * Build and execute evaluation plans (with learning objective congruence) with actionable outcomes/improvements/insights * Responsible and accountable for Instructional Design rigor and quality in all OMPD learning solutions
* Apply effective project management to ensure timely delivery of the performance solution * Effectively utilize technology to support development of learning solutions (e.g. IT tools, video technology, etc.) and ensure they can be integrated with Lilly systems * Develop implementation plans for learning solutions in cooperation with other L&D employees and business partners * Address change management issues * Participate in the creation and distribution of communication plans pertaining to the learning solution(s) developed * Conduct pilot and/or usability testing of performance solutions, ensuring appropriate follow-up activities occur * Establish and/or ensure use of existing processes and tools for creating deliverables. * Communicate and track project status * Evaluate and improve processes used for development and implementation of learning solutions
* Navigate all aspects of Lilly's Learning Management System (LMS), SuccessFactors, to support OMPD course and curriculum creation/execution, periodic course review and troubleshooting that creates a positive learner-experience * Build and execute the OMPD learning strategy to compliantly reduce the volume of learning assignments in individual training plans (for our intended audience) * Support the OMPD customers (and their managers) with Learning Plan audits to ensure they are receiving the training that is relevant to their role * Work as the main point of contact with OMPD Vendors on technical needs within the LMS including troubleshooting issues and providing innovative solutions to known issues within the system
* Limited global travel may be required * Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
* Bachelor's degree or higher in education, instructional design, performance technology, or related field * 3 years minimum experience of demonstrated knowledge with SuccessFactors architecture * 3 years minimum of demonstrated experience and expertise in current content development software (e.g. Articulate Suite, or other systems) * 3 years of experience and expertise in instructional design and program/project management (ADDIE analyze design develop implement and evaluate) * Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.