This is a STANDING REGISTER for the Indiana National Guard Title 32 TEMPORARY Excepted Service position under Position Description Number D1193000.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
If you would like the complete list of duties, please contact the POC of this announcement.
THIS REGISTER WILL BE REVIEWED EVERY WEDNESDAY FOR ANY NEW / QUALIFIED APPLICANTS.
Learn more about this agency
* Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, and major repair on heavy-duty mobileequipment, combat, tactical, and automotive vehicles.
* Troubleshoots equipment with a variety of the mechanically complex major systems and diagnoses difficult performance problems.
* Removes and disassembles engines and complex major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
* Independently performs repairs and maintenance functions with little or no supervision in remote locations.
* Conducts readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
* Performs electrical repairs on complex state of the art electrical and electronic systems requiring extensive training on specialized diagnostic equipment to identify problems.
* Assists in the maintenance of production reports and records, and makes recommendations to the supervisor.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
* Job family (Series)
5801 Miscellaneous Transportation/Mobile Equipment Maintenance
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
* Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
* NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. Must be a CURRENT member of the Indiana Army National Guard in order to apply for this position.
* This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
* Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
* May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
* The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements.
* Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
* Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
* Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
* A physical is required for this position.
Military Grades: E3 thru E8
Compatible Military Assignments: ENL CMF: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, 94
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 12 months experience or training using common hand and power tools and a small variety of test and measurement devices to make mechanical repairs. Experience removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing a variety of parts, components, and accessories. Experience which demonstrates a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic theory applying to vehicles; and skill to replace, fit, install, and make adjustments. Experience demonstrating an understanding of the makeup and operation of the various individual systems maintained and their interrelationships. Experience reading and interpreting parts lists, manufactures' repair manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
Specialized Experience Requirements for NGB Federal Wage System Positions for claiming civilian job experience:
Creditable experience must have been performed at least 30 consecutive days and be properly documented. Experience in the same line of work can only be credited on the basis of a regular 40-hour workweek. Hours per week MUST be documented on resume to receive any credit.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, calibrate, customer service, equipment, machine maintenance, maintenance technician, repair, service technician, upgrade