Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
American Senior Communities has proudly served customers since the year 2000 with a long history of excellent outcomes. We are Indiana-owned and operated, and we aren t ever going to forget our roots. We take great pride in our Hoosier heritage with Hoosier hospitality ingrained in everything we do. As experts in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships, and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all of our relationships with customers, staff, family members and the community at large.
American Senior Communities is looking an experienced Clinical Education Coordinator to lead employee engagement and education of our facility. The Education Coordinator is responsible for assessing educational needs of staff, coordinating programs based upon identified needs, and ensuring compliance with all State and Federal guidelines for in-service education and new employee orientation.
Attributes & Responsibilities
- Assesses, plans, and implements educational programs based on the needs of facility staff.
- Collaborates with the Benefits Contact/Payroll Coordinator and assists with the delivery of the new hire employee general orientation program.
- Establishes the interdisciplinary master outline and monthly schedule of in-services based upon staff and resident needs alternating program times to accommodate needs of staff on all shifts.
- Arranges nursing skills validation for Charge Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Serves as the infection control nurse tracking and administering PPDs for staff and new hires.
- Tracks and administers HBV for all facility staff and new hires.
- Conducts interviews for nursing staff needs and completes new hire paperwork.
- Conducts general orientation program and updates program as needed. Assists staffing coordinator and floor staff in hands-on orientation process.
- Tracks licenses, certifications, and CPR certifications of all nursing and other licensed staff to ensure all licensed/certified staff are active and in good standing.
- Heads recruitment and retention for the facility and works closely with the Nursing Scheduler Coordinator to identify nursing staff needs/vacancies.
- Provides assistance to the Director of Nursing Services when needed.
- Serves as acting Director of Nursing Services when designated.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Career Growth
- Referral Bonuses up to $1000
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Clinical experience with an ongoing interest and enthusiasm for creating educational programs that address the unique issues associated with care of the aged.
- Current Indiana Registered Nurse license.
- Current CPR certification.