Continental and Hoosier Race Tire Engineers are responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of 1400+ tire specifications. Each Tire Engineer drives continuous product improvement on assigned product lines. Product success may be judged by ultimate lap time performance or may be value driven. Our work environment is fast paced and demands that one effectively manage several projects simultaneously.
* Develop circuit/vehicle specific products.
* Develop winning tire designs selecting from an extensive arsenal of available construction methods, materials and compounds for both bias and radial race tires
* Opportunities to develop new materials and expand design know how
* Work with Production Process Engineers to ensure efficient high quality manufacturing.
* Attend race events, offer technical assistance to race teams
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering
* 0-2 years of Motorsports Engineering or Product Development
* Must be authorized to work in the US without visa or other sponsorship
* Mechanical Engineering degree with motorsports concentration
The Tire division is known for maximizing safety through short braking distances and excellent grip as well as reducing fuel consumption by minimizing rolling resistance. Tires are the vehicle's only link with the road. They have to transmit all forces onto four areas of the road surface that are roughly the size of a postcard. In critical situations, it is the technology level of the tires that determines whether a vehicle is able to stop in time or stay in the correct lane during cornering maneuvers.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.